Welcome to PSBcic
PSBreastfeeding is a Community Interest Company (CIC) delivering a range of services for families, the health system and local communities to help them meet their breastfeeding goals.
PSBreastfeeding – health professional training
Kent Baby Matters – breastfeeding groups across kent. Free Drop in groups supported by volunteer breastfeeding peer supporters and breastfeeding specialists.
Kent sling library – drop in groups across West Kent where you can receive information about safe sling use and try out different types of baby carriers with the help of trained volunteer babywearing peer supporters.
Kent breastfeeding services – book and pay for a home visit from a breastfeeding counsellor or lactation consultant for expert support and advice in your own home.
We set up in 2007 as a CIC Social Enterprise. Over the last decade we have supported tens of thousands of mothers and have worked with a number of public bodies including the Government Offices of the South East and Kent County Council, one of the largest councils in the country. All of our profits go back into programmes.
We aim to provide a centre of excellence in the field of lactation and have a team of highly skilled professionals who bring a variety of backgrounds and valuable knowledge to this agenda.
Our work is underpinned by a strong commitment to ongoing education for our staff and volunteers, including sponsorship of volunteers to become breastfeeding counsellors and health professionals to become Lactation Consultants.
Our services include:
- Drop-in clinics run by Board Certified Lactation Consultants and qualified breastfeeding counsellors
- One to one consultations in the home for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
- Project Management for a range of breastfeeding projects with Prince2 Practitioners
- An accredited level 3 volunteer breastfeeding peer support programme
- One to one or group antenatal sessions
- Tailored training to the health service
- Advice to Local Authorities about breastfeeding supportive communities and compliance with UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative
- Breastfeeding helpline
- Tailored elearning packages
- Baby wearing consultancy
Clinical and Educational Programmes – for local authorities and health professsionals
Breastfeeding Consultations – book a consultation with a breastfeeding specialist
Sling Consultations – book a consultation with a babywearing consultant
Community Breastfeeding Help – Free drop-in breastfeeding groups in Kent
Sling LIbrary – Library dates, the slings we carry, and how it works
Ask Questions – Chat with a specialist via email, Facebook or phone