We set up in 2007 as a CIC Social Enterprise. Over the last decade we have supported tens of thousands of mothers and have worked with a number of public bodies including the Government Offices of the South East and Kent County Council, one of the largest councils in the country. All of our profits go back into programmes.
We aim to provide a centre of excellence in the field of lactation and have a team of highly skilled professionals who bring a variety of backgrounds and valuable knowledge to this agenda.
Our work is underpinned by a strong commitment to ongoing education for our staff and volunteers, including sponsorship of volunteers to become breastfeeding counsellors and health professionals to become Lactation Consultants.
Our services include:
- Drop-in clinics run by Board Certified Lactation Consultants and qualified breastfeeding counsellors
- One to one consultations in the home for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
- Project Management for a range of breastfeeding projects with Prince2 Practitioners
- An accredited level 3 volunteer breastfeeding peer support programme
- One to one or group antenatal sessions
- Tailored training to the health service
- Advice to Local Authorities about breastfeeding supportive communities and compliance with UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative
- Breastfeeding helpline
- Tailored elearning packages
- Baby wearing consultancy